Order fresh oysters and merchandise
- All oysters ordered are buffet size
- There is a 4 dozen minimum order requirement between 20th Dec and 1st Jan
- Freight charges are calculated on the weight and destination of your order
- Oysters are packed loose in poly boxes and not in snack boxes as displayed in our retail store.
- The packaging cost will be included in your quote.
- A staff member will be in contact with you via email or phone regarding a quote and process of payment.
- A $20 handling fee applies to orders being shipped by Airline.
- $30 freight and handling charge for Express Post orders per satchel.
- Barilla Bay can only freight oysters within Australia.
AIRLINE & EXPRESS POST DELIVERIES ORDER FORM
This form is for orders via Airline delivery (Australia only) and Express Post. For pick up orders please use the pick up form. A $30 handling fee applies to airline orders.
You must live in an Express Post suburb to use the service, you can check on the Australia Post Website.
You will be emailed a quote and asked to confirm you order.
PICK UP ORDER FORM
This form is for orders to pick up from Barilla Bay. If you require airline delivery please use the airline delivery form.
If you need your oysters packed for travel please indicate this in the "Anything Else" section.
Barilla Bay Oysters Grades
You will recieve buffet size 60-70mm oysters with your order. We cannot guarantee other sizes, however you may request this in the "anything else" section and we will do our best to fullfill your request.
How to open your Barilla Bay Oysters?
If you have purchased unopened oysters with the intent of opening them yourself, here are a few helpful hints.
- Always wear thick rubber kitchen gloves - this enables you to get a good hold of the oyster.
- Make sure your knife is sharp - more accidents are caused with blunt knives than with sharp ones.
- Always point the knife downwards, not towards your hand.
- Be very careful, don’t rush.
- Use an online guide if unsure
Keeping your Oysters fresh
Generally oysters which have been opened will last safely for up to 5 days under correct temperature control. Optimum holding temperature 1-4 degrees Celsius. Unopened oysters will last up to 7 days if stored in hygienic conditions below 7 degrees Celsius and kept covered.
Seasonality of Oysters
Barilla Bay Oysters are readily available for most of the year, depending on the time they spawn. This is when they reproduce; Tasmanian Pacific oysters generally spawn in late summer.